Tuesday 20 November 2012

We found love...in a hopeless place?

I've just been trawling through youtube videos, watching random ones...and I thought when coming across Rihanna - Diamonds, that I really relate to her, and over the past few years a lot of her songs have reflected either what I've felt or what i've been going through. 

I especially find this true of We Found Love, especially the beginning where she is just reflecting and talking and she says:

'It’s like you’re screaming, but no one can hear. You almost feel ashamed that someone could be that important, that without them you feel like nothing. No one will ever understand how much it hurts. You feel hopeless like nothing can save you. And when it’s over and it’s gone, you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back so you could have the good.'

I always hear these lyrics at the beginning and sit and reflect on them, and I must admit the first time I heard them I cried. They really touched me, very much like Nicki Minaj's new song Freedom which I heard for the first time today, it got a lump in my throat and for a song by Nicki this is something which is really rare. 

Her songs are usually really upbeat and you just want to jump around so to be actually touched by a Nicki song is a big thing for me and many other people. 

What songs have touched you on first listen? Leave your comments below. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment