Sunday 27 January 2013

Review | Easy A


This fun loving comedy of 2010 will have everyone in stitches; it brings together the effects of what one lie can do with the romance that it can bring.

The film centres on teenage girl Olive Penderghast, and her life at college and a lie which turns in to rumours being spread all around the school. It starts to turn into people wanting to pay to have sex with her which doesn’t work out well.

I really enjoyed this film because I thought it really brought together the fun loving comedy of Emma Stone and how rumours can spread. Trying to solve the hurt she had made, Olive apologised through a series of webcasts.

I feel films like this are ones which should be admired because they show what it is like for a rumour to turn viral and how it not only effects one person but many people. As someone who suffered bullying myself I can really connect with the main character, Olive and understand what she is going through.

Having watched this film three times and every time I have watched it I fallen in love with it more. It never fails to make me laugh and the ending makes me smile so much.

I love the actors which have been chosen to star in this film, Emma Stone, Penn Badgly, Amanda Bynes and Stanley Tucci. They are all my favourite actors which make this film one that I love to watch.

I especially love Stanley Tucci in a more recent film The Hunger Games, he is his same witty self, and doesn’t fail to make me laugh, even though it’s a very violent film.

I would give this film 3/5 star as it is a fun comedy but it also a down to earth movie which makes us reflect on life. I would recommend that everyone watches this film and it can be picked up for no more than £5 in all major high street stores. It is definitely worth parting with your money for.

No comments:

Post a Comment